In 2014 Region XI will proudly offers a scholarship opportunity to either a high school senior or a continuing education student. One scholarship in the amount of $1000 is available to be awarded to a high school senior OR a continuing education student attending a two or four year college or university for advancement of their education and who is currently a member of the Arabian Horse Association through a Region XI club. This scholarship may be awarded to a student only once during a student’s school career. Please take advantage of this opportunity to supplement your college funding. Applications may be received by contacting Ann Hammer, Scholarship Chair, at 12154 Rose Road, Trenton, IL 62293-4640, or by downloading the application from the Region XI website (when available). All applications must be requested or downloaded by the April 15, 2014 application request deadline. All application materials must be submitted together in one envelope by May 1, 2014 to be considered for an award.
Region XI High Point Adult Amateur Program
The Region XI High Point Adult amateur program was developed to recognize and encourage the continued participation of our regional adult amateurs.
1. AHA Recognized Division; Open to any Arabian or Half Arabian Horse, Rider Pair competing in a Region XI qualifying show held inside the regional bounds. Limited to class “A” or “B” competitions. Members are not limited to only one horse, but each horse will be considered a separate “Pair” entree. More then one member can show a horse but each one will be considered separate “Pair” entries.
2. Non-AHA Recognized Division; Open to any Arabian or Half Arabian Horse, Rider Pair competing inside Region XI in any show not recognized by AHA. Members are not limited to only one horse, but each horse will be considered a separate “Pair” entree. More then one member can show a horse but each one will be considered separate “Pair” entries. Show examples are, State or County Fairs, All Breed shows, Fun or Schooling shows. Morab and NSH only classes will not count.
1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH 5TH 6TH 7TH 8TH
Regular Classes 6 5 4 3 2 1
Championships 10 8 6 5 4 3 2 1
Class “A” & “B” 1ST 2ND 3RD
4TH 5TH 6TH 7TH 8TH
Regular Classes 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3
Halter Championships 10 9
Performance Champ 20 18 16 14 12 10 8 6
Regionals: Champ - 40 Reserve - 30 Top Five - 20
1. Entry into the High Point is FREE to any member of a Region XI club.
2. All horses must be owned/leased by a member of a Region XI club.
3. Champion, Res. Champion & Top Five awards will be made to the highest Horse / Rider pair.
4. Open to both Arabians and Half Arabians.
5. Only Amateur to ride or handle classes will count EXCEPT in the following classes, Sidesaddle, Show Hack, Native Costume, Halter, Trail, Reining, Park, Driving, and Adult walk trot classes. Open English Pleasure classes will count when no amateur ones are offered.
6. All shows from November 1st of the previous year to October 31st of the current year will be counted.
7. All placings Must Be Sent In By The Exhibitor. All show results must be submitted in writing or by email within 60 days of the show or November 1, 2007 or which ever comes first. NO EXCEPTIONS to this deadline. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to send in placings.
8. Results may be submitted by, 1) Sending in copy of your settlement sheet. 2) Sending in a reporting form. May be downloaded from the Region XI web site. By clicking here Region XI Adult High Point Form.pdf 3) Email needed information to recording secretary.
9. Only shows held in Illinois, Iowa & Missouri will be counted to encourage participation in our Region.
10. All exhibitors entering the Region XI High Point Competition are assumed to have knowledge and understanding of the above rules, point system.
Send Settlement sheets and / or Reporting forms to the Recording Secretary Angela O'Neill, PO Box 1502, Raymore, MO 64083 816-678-6298 email; email@example.com I will acknowledge ALL emails received. If I do not reply please email the information again. Subject line; Adult High Point